Income & Expenditure of Council Tax Liability

Approx time to complete: 5 mins 30 secs

Regulation 36 of the Council Tax (Administration & Enforcement) Regulations 1992

If you’ve received a summons, but you are unable to pay the full amount before the court hearing date, please complete Section 2 of the on-line income & expenditure form. We will not agree a payment arrangement until we have these details.

If a Liability Order has been issued against you, but you cannot afford to pay in full immediately, please complete both Sections 1 and 2 of the on-line income & expenditure form.

You must supply the details requested on this section of the form, otherwise you may incur a Court Fine. If a Court Fine is incurred, your name may be entered on the PUBLIC REGISTER OF JUDGEMENTS, ORDERS AND FINES, which could seriously affect your ability to obtain credit (e.g. bank overdrafts, loans, credit cards, shop/catalogue credit, or a mortgage).

Personal Details (Section 1)

Please enter your postcode below, click 'Search for an address' and then select the correct address from the dropdown.

Your employment

Please enter your postcode below, click 'Search for an address' and then select the correct address from the dropdown.

Fill in your partner's details.

Partner's employment

Please enter your employer's postcode below, click 'Search for an address' and then select the correct address from the dropdown.

Other Income

Financial details (Section 2)



Please read the following then submit your information by clicking on the Submit button at the bottom of this form

We require your personal data to enable us to calculate and collect your Council Tax. This is a legal obligation as laid out in the Local Government Finance Act 1992. We cannot process your request/application unless you provide this personal information. If you do not or if you refuse to allow us to share information we will not be able to carry out the service for you and cannot be held responsible for any consequences to you of it not being carried out.

We may automate decisions and will inform you if we have done this as soon as reasonably practicable and provide you with access to our Data Protection Policy.

You hold the following rights with regard to the personal data you provide us:

  • Right to Access – You have the right to access (receive a copy) of your personal data and supplementary information.
  • Right to Rectification – You have the right to have any inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified.
  • Right to object to us processing your personal data where you have an objection on “grounds relating to your particular situation”.
  • Right to Restriction – You have the right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data in situations where it is inaccurate, unlawful, and no longer needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected, or if a withdrawal of consent has been made.

We may share your personal data within internal departments of the council, local partner authorities and government departments as required. We may process the information you provide to prevent and detect fraud in any of our systems and may supply information to Government agencies, credit reference agencies, law enforcement agencies, audit or other external bodies for such purposes. We participate in the government’s National Fraud Initiative. If any of the information we have about you is incorrect, please tell us, we are reliant on you assisting us to keep your information accurate and up to date.

We only keep your information as long as necessary, for some items this will be dictated by law. You can find out more by looking at the councils Retention Policy on the website.

We do not routinely process any information about you outside the UK. We will not transfer your personal data outside of the EU.

Huntingdonshire District Council is a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office.

You can find out more about how we handle your data by visiting the council’s Privacy Notice page. If you have a query regarding your rights please contact the Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by emailing infogov@3csharedservices.orgor you can write to the Council and mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer. Alternatively you can call 07864 604221 or 01954 713318.

You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) should you believe any part of this statement to be unlawful.